Since I am a seminary student, there are quite a few books that I read during the semester for a given class. This semester I am in a course titled Proclamation, so several of the books I am reading are on preaching. Three of the books we are using for the course are:
- Patterns of Preaching: A Sermon Sampler (Ronald J. Allen)
- The Witness of Preaching (Thomas G. Long)
- Designing the Sermon: Order and Movement in Preaching (James Earl Massey)
Another great book we are using (which I have already read) is Preaching Essentials: A Practical Guide by Lenny Luchetti. A bonus is the fact that Lenny is one of the professors for the course!
In addition to reading for school, I have my nose in three other books at the moment:
- A Thousand Tongues (John Lawson)
- Side Doors: How to Open Your Church to Reach More People (Charles Arn)
- A.D. 30: A Novel (Ted Dekker)
I always find myself reading more than one book, but I seem to be in quite a few more than normal. I’m enjoying reading the new Ted Dekker book as it is a bit of a departure from his normal, but presents a story that takes place in Jesus’ time from the perspective of a very unique character. I will post a review of the book once I have finished reading it.
What books are you reading right now?